To Kill A Mockingbird- Book Review


I actually read To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee about a month ago, but I writing about it now. This book is very good. I recommend that everyone should read it.

This book is about Jean Louise Finch (or Scout). Her father, Atticus, is an attorney who must defend a black man who has been unjustly accused of a great crime, in a highly prejudice town in Alabama. This story is seen through the eyes of Scout, who is mocked for having a father who is willing to defend a black man.

This book is so powerful and thought-provoking. It teaches us about racism and how hatred can hurt you and others. 

Here are some things that I liked (+) and disliked (-) about this book:
  + The characters feel real.
  + The plot is interesting.
  + I really liked reading about the playfulness of children in the late 1920s/early 1930s.
  
I don't think I have anything bad to say about this book.

Overall rating: ***** (5/5 stars)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beach

Work and Play

Vincent and Theo: The Van Gogh Brothers- Book Review